Mom and Kay

Mom and Kay

Thursday, July 29, 2010

All Wigged Out


Tuesday's wig shopping was comical and new. There were some interesting choices, mom chose not to go with the beehive Blondie, or the 70's keepin it alive look, but rather a classic, brunette "Robin" do. She also had her first doctor's appointment since chemo and we found out that there are No restrictions to what she can and cannot have. Also, found out that she can have flowers in the house. She was told to consume about 3000 calories a day and that is quite a challenge for her, since she has lost her appetite. Thanks to Mrs. Brownlie and Mrs. Brannon for the meals this week! Mom said the few bites she had were amazing and that she wished she could eat more....The chemo has definitely changed her appetite and the way food tastes. Has gone out for a few lunches, but of course some days she feels better than others. The chemo side effects are definitely kicking in! This weekend the Selkirk residence will be just us girls as my dad is helping my brother move into his new house in Stillwater....We(my aunt and I) will be watching girly movies, while my mom while will be watching sports... Not much of a girls weekend but we'll try! I still have not been able to create the care calender for the dinner schedule...Thanks for you patience! Also we really appreciate the short but sweet visitors that came over to the house this week! As always keep those prayers and positive thoughts coming! We love you all so much!! I do not know how we could survive this without all of our wonderful friends and family!!!and how bout those Rangers!!!
-Elizabeth

5 comments:

  1. Keep those updates coming. Not blonde? Mike and I send hugs and special nuzzles from Gabby and Spike.
    love,
    phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, what am I gonna do with all these red Annie wigs? LOL Shoot, the wig in that photo looks so good I need to get one myself!

    Yay for the flower ban. I've had a dickens of a time trying to keep Audrey II from wilting at my desk!

    Love and prayers!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent choice on the Wig... Very "Robin"

    Our prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery.

    Gail and Amar Murthy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there - will be dropping off more goodies this week. Some cancer kicking remedies that worked for me. Kay of course will have the best suggestions but I will share what I know. LOVE you guys tons. See you very soon I hope.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great blog ET ! Thank you for taking time to keep us all updated.
    So Robin needs 3,000 calories a day ~ WOW !! I am going to bake you some brownies ... see you on Tuesday ~ Love you xo Kelly and Dan

    ReplyDelete