Mom and Kay

Mom and Kay

Friday, September 10, 2010

Our Path to Fighting Cancer

Dear wonderful friends and family,

Your prayers and good wishes mean so much to us. Please know we are doing everything we can for my mom. There are many unknowns with cancer, and many paths and choices to be made as this unfortunate journey unfolds.

We have heard many kind suggestions for various doctors and treatment centers, but early on, it was my mother's wish to stay in Fort Worth to be close to home—and it is just not possible for her to travel even if she wished otherwise. We have complete confidence in the doctors we have chosen who are treating the very uncommon type of cancer my mom has. Dr Dewar and Dr Senter have been helpful with their guidance and we are so lucky to live where there are so many resources available to us, so close to home, and to you all. Dr. Dewar and Dr. Senter both have children who grew up with my brother and I. They both care very greatly for our families and if they knew that we should be somewhere else then they would say so and send us on. Of course we want to explore every possible avenue for my mom, so please try be understanding and respectful that we feel confident in the treatment plan and medical team she has chosen for her fight. Also, every patient is unique and some hospitals can treat some better than others, with the cancer that my mom has, she is in the right place for right now.Although I understand that people give their suggestions because of their concern and everything is said with the best intentions, but it is very disheartening when we continually receive messages that make us feel like we are not doing our best to find the best treatment for my mom. My mom is my hero, why would I not want the best for her? Please be respectful of this, I know we are all very stressed right now and very worried, however the less stress my family and I have the better.

There are no easy answers here, and a great deal of frustration as we all wait and see what to do next. We will try to keep everyone informed as we see how Robin's body reacts to the chemo. I have also heard wishes for me to be more specific of the treatment of my mother on the blog. However it seems that numbers and conditions change daily. As busy as I am, it is difficult enough to update once a week. Also, my mother gives me ideas of what she wants me to write on the blog. She does not want specifics written because she does not wish to cause any worry or additional stress. If my mother had it her way completely she would have loved to conceal the fact that she had cancer.


Keep praying -- we love you guys and treasure your support!

Go Frogs.

3 comments:

  1. Robin, hope you are feeling better very soon and we can see your beautiful eyes and smile. I am thinking about you! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Suzan Schairbaum

    ReplyDelete
  2. FIGHT...with all you have! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better. Cancer is almost fast remove than better treatment. Also doing yoga and excise than fit. eating daily healthy foods. drinking green tea and drinking fruits juice. avid smoking and drinking. they are very helping in cancer reduce.


    Fibromyalgia

    ReplyDelete