Mom and Kay

Mom and Kay

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Back to ICU

Last week mom was moved down to ICU because of problems with low blood pressure. After a few days she was moved out thanks to a higher more stable b.p. and back to her recovery floor. She was actually neighbors, with an old friend Alex Williams. Mr. Williams was our security guard at the elementary school, Tanglewood, my brother and I attended. Mr. Williams is battling sickle cell. While at Tanglewood my mom started the annual blood drive, which still continues today, for Mr. Williams a man who we greatly love and cherish. It was so strange that they were both there together in the hospital at the same time. Today my mom will be moved back down to ICU. Her blood pressure has dropped again. She is extremely weak and unable to move from her bed. Since she is neutropenic (I think that's how it is spelled?) she is unable to have flowers or any fresh fruit. Right now jello is the only thing she will eat. Since she has to move and get readjusted to her new environment, visitors will be limited. She is so exhausted and goes in and out of sleep, so she is not really up for visitors. However, my aunt and I have been reading my mom the lovely cards that everyone has sent. It is definitely helping my mom and our spirits, so please keep them coming! We do not feel defeated at all, but we are trying to stay as strong as possible for mom. Stress and emotion has definitely been getting the best of us! We do apologize for not returning phone calls, texts, and emails, but there is just not enough time in the day! As the week goes on and we find out more information we will try to update you all. Thank you so much for you love and support!

4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth: You are doing a great job despite the pressure and stress. Thank you for the sacrifice of your time and energy to keep the rest of us informed. Your Mom is a fighter and a terrific person with heart and courage. The whole family is supporting her with our thoughts. I hope you, Max, Mike and your Mom know how important you all are to Kirsten and Bud. Bud is trying to get here for a visit by tomorrow (16th). If you need anything at all, I'm available.

    Hope and Confidence are supports for the Soul! I know all of you have them.

    Bud Sr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister was on the same floor as your mom Robin this past weekend. I ran into Mike in the hallway and realized the we had gone to AHHS together. It is truly a small world and though I have never met Robin before, she and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE YOU ROBIN...YOU ARE THE GREATEST! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still in our thoughts and prayers here in AR. tought road ahead. Love you.

    ReplyDelete