Mom and Kay

Mom and Kay

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A change bringing comfort and peace

Dear sweet friends and supporters,

This morning a scan revealed that the chemo has not been working. This afternoon, Robin was moved to a quiet, spacious room on the hospice floor of Baylor All-Saints. She is resting comfortably with the family nearby. She is receiving meds for pain management.

Because of the medication, she is sedated most of the time but has enjoyed some limited visitation, for which the family is very grateful. Please continue to keep Robin in your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Robin, Mike, Elizabeth & Max,
    I'm sending you a warm hug from our family. This has been a difficult journey that you all have made - but you've been together. What a wonderful TEAM you Thayers are! G-d is with you and will continue to be with you. Let me know if we can be of help, in any way.
    Withlove, Toni & Harold Gernsbacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard about Robin's battle today when I was up at TVS. I'm so sorry that you all are going through this. Please know that many prayers are being lifted-up on your behalf by all the Rombergs.
    Please let me know if I can help in ANY way.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, Mike, Elizabeth & Max,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Robin you are truly a beautiful person inside and out and we feel very blessed to know you. Stay strong and know you and your family are thought of every day.

    Brenda & Joseph McDade
    Amanda Soto and family
    Daniel Venzor and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Elizabeth,
    Please give your mom a hug for me. I am so saddened to learn how the cancer has taken over her body, but I know it could never take over her spirit. She always has a smile on her face and a joyful word for everyone. I am praying for all of you and glad you are all together. Please let me know how I can help.
    Kristin Henderson

    ReplyDelete